Quick Links to Course Experiences: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
Lesson 8 - Sections - 8A 8B 8C 8D 8E
Lesson 8 - Sections - 8A 8B 8C 8D 8E
Teachers dedicate time to collaborate with both colleagues and students to improve practice, discover and share resources and ideas, and solve problems.
- Teachers dedicate planning time to collaborate with colleagues to create authentic learning experiences that leverage technology.
- Teachers collaborate and co-learn with students to explore and experiment with digital tools and resources that support learning, and to diagnose and troubleshoot technology issues.
What can happen when teachers are provided time to collaborate as a faculty or district? What can happen when teachers and their students collaborate? Who benefits? Let's take a look. Here, I've shared several Edutopia videos and articles about collaboration. Spend 45-60 minutes in this section exploring things that you've not viewed yet. The purpose is to expose you to some ideas how this is happening in schools now, and around which I'd like you to have a discussion with your group in Canvas. Take some notes about ideas that stand out to you! Then, let's talk about them. Hopefully, these will spark ideas of your own! Share ideas and strategies of your own with us.
Teachers collaborating together across the curriculum
- Video: Pairing Teachers to Drive Professional Development (4:52)
- Video: 60-Second Strategy: Stand-Up Meetings (1:00) (Captioned Version)
- Article: Collaborating on Project-Based Learning: A school-based professional learning community (PLC) is well structured to enhance all aspects of project-based learning.
- Video: Integrated Learning: One Project, Several Disciplines - High School (4:10)
- Article: Personalized Professional Development: Lesson study helps teachers improve by focusing on collaboratively planning and revising a single lesson.
- Video: Teacher Collaboration: Spreading Best Practices School-Wide - K-8 Magnet School (3:26)
- Video: Integrated Studies: Sustainability and Cross-Curricular Connections - High School (5:10)
- Article: Deeper Learning: Why Cross-Curricular Teaching is Essential
- Video: Reinventing a Public High School with Problem-Based Learning - High School (13:57)
- Video: Collaborative Planning: Integrating Curriculum Across Subjects - Middle School (4:30)
- Video: How Teachers Collaborate Online and in School - Elementary School (3:00)
- Article: Collaborating With Your School Librarian: Ten ways to work with your highly trained colleagues in the library to enhance literacy instruction.
- Video: Response to Intervention Collaborating to Target Instruction - Elementary School (5:18)
- Video: Teacher Labs: Making Professional Development Collaborative - All levels (5:16)
- Video: Analyzing Student Work: Using Peer Feedback to Improve Instruction - Pre K - 8th Grade (4:57)
- Video: Collaboration Days for Curriculum Design - Middle School (2:13)
- Video: Designing Integrated Curriculum from the Buck Institute for Education - All Levels (6:20) (Captioned Version)
- Video: Key Elements for Effective Teacher Collaboration - Elementary / Middle School (5:36) (Captioned Version)
- Video: Groupthink for good -- why teachers need collaboration: Heather Duncan-Whitt - Preschool (10:40) (Captioned Version)
Students and Teachers Collaborating Together
- Video: The Flock: Supporting Teachers Through Peer Feedback (3:42)
- Video: Constructing Sustainable Houses Develops Collaborative Skills (Is School Enough? Series) (7:06)
- Video: Student-Led Meetings: Empowering Student Voice (5:34)
- Video: Strengthening School Community Brings Gains in Academic Achievement (2:38)
Community, Teacher, and Student Collaboration
- Video: Community Partners: Making Student Learning Relevant (5:07)
- Video: Community-Based Learning Connecting Students With Their World (5:31)
- Video: How to Encourage Collaborative Lesson Planning (6:15)
- Video: Remake Your Class Part 1: Planning for a Collaborative Learning Environment (6:00)
- Video: Remake Your Class Part 2: Building a Collaborative Learning Environment (3:54)
- Video: Remake Your Class Part 3: Exploring a Collaborative Learning Environment (4:17)
- Video: Place-Based Learning: Connecting Kids to Their Community (5:43)
- Video: Learning Partners: Co-Teaching With Community Experts (5:31)