The 5500 Blog!
We have fun technology resources to share with you!
Today the BBCNews is promoting a free app - The Story of Life - featuring David Attenborough.
Join broadcast legend Sir David Attenborough to explore more than 1000 of the greatest wildlife moments ever filmed.
• Explore the most comprehensive collection of Sir David’s work ever released online.
• Includes six decades of highlights from more than 40 landmark BBC programmes, including Planet Earth, Blue Planet, The Life of Mammals, Africa and others.
• Watch unique collections of films curated by Sir David and others.
• Create and save your own collections and share them with friends and family.
• Hunt for hidden films featuring Sir David, recorded exclusively for the app.
• Explore extraordinary sequences of animals and plants, from iconic large species to rarely seen enigmatic creatures. See them hunt, mate, eat, travel and communicate in their natural habitats; ranging from the high mountains to the deepest oceans, across deserts, forests and the polar ice caps.
• Watch lions, polar bears, whales, sharks, eagles and giant lizards and many more.
• Use wi-fi for the optimum experience.
This App contains:
- links to selected social media sites
The Utah Education Network is the resource spot for Utah teachers - and pre-service teachers. In the preK-12 Education section, you'll find...
For Experience 2 and 3, you're going to want to explore the Utah Core Standards. There's a great lesson plan library - and the lessons focus on the core standards.
Utah's online library has some excellent resources. I'll post the student login in a class announcement titled "Visit the class blog!" You can register as a Utah educator or pre-service educator at http://my.uen.org - and the username and password you set up there will be your login for Utah's online library.
One resource, eMedia, has thousands of educational videos you can download and use in your classroom. And that's just one of the resources! Go check it out!
Nathan Smith, Course Facilitator and Instructor.