Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical. Students:
Teachers model safe, ethical and legal behaviors, and create learning environments that encourage students to engage in positive, socially responsible behavior. Teachers:
- exercise safe, ethical and legal practice with digital tools and resources and model positive, socially responsible and empathetic behavior in online interactions when using network devices.
- model digital literacy and responsible management of personal data, digital identity and intellectual rights and property.
- understand the implications of data collection on student privacy and advocate for the awareness and protection of student’s personal learning analytics data.
- advocate for the critical evaluation and consumption of media, resources and information to build a learning culture of critical thinking, thoughtful questioning and shared responsibility/ethics.
This week we learn about digital citizenship, and explore resources that are freely available to both teachers and students. Sections 5A, 5B, and 5C will have you spend at least a half hour each exploring three great resources: Common Sense Education's digital citizenship resources, as well Edutopia's and NetSafe Utah's. We want you to take time enough in each to more than just skim or browse through them - but to get into the details - and find out what those resources are. There will not be a class discussion this week around these so you can focus on the project in section 5D.
- Explore, in detail, three excellent resources for digital citizenship, and share your learning with the rest of the class.
- Participate in a project-based learning experience.
Please go to Module 5 in Canvas for this week's msterials and assignment.
Material on this website - other than curated internet videos and resources linked to within - are copyright 2019 by Nathan M. Smith Jr. - Updated January 25, 2019