Teachers evolve into facilitators of learning who empower their students and apply ISTE standards for students in their practice. Teachers:
This week's experience is all about student agency, and giving students the opportunity to be creative, computational thinkers by empowering them to take control of their learning experience. You'll also be creating your second (and final) lesson plan for the course. On this one, you can collaborate with other class members. Your goal is to implement things you've learned in this course to move your lesson to creative and transformative!
- Discover ways you can give your students agency in their learning.
- Think about ways teachers can manage technology in their learning experiences.
- Learn what computational thinking is, and how it crosses curriculum boundaries.
- Explore and learn 6 new technology tools that could be useful to you.
- Learn about the importance of creativity, and think about ways you can foster creativity in your classroom.
- Create your lesson plan #3.
Teachers evolve into facilitators of learning who empower their students and apply that 2016 ISTE standards for students in their practice. Teachers:
- Section 12A: Teachers foster a culture of student agency where learners are empowered to take ownership over their learning goals and outcomes.
- Section 12B: Teachers manage the use of technology and student learning strategies in digital platforms, virtual environments, hands-on makerspaces or in the field.
- Section 12C: Teachers create learning opportunities that challenge students to use a design process and computational thinking to innovate and solve problems.
- Section 12D: Teachers model and nurture creativity and creative expression to communicate ideas, knowledge or connections.
- Section 12E: Create your lesson 2
Use Module "Week 12 - Teachers become facilitators - Lesson Plan #2" in Canvas! Be sure to look through the assigned discussions and their scoring rubrics!