Teachers evolve into facilitators of learning who empower their students and apply ISTE standards for students in their practice. Teachers:
This week's experience is all about student agency, and giving students the opportunity to be creative, computational thinkers by empowering them to take control of their learning experience. You'll also be learning about HTML embed codes, which allow you to add more interactivity into a webpage, website, or LMS (learning management system - like Canvas). You then learn to use a free tool that lets you build interactive activities, and then embed an activity you create into your website/webpage.
Teachers evolve into facilitators of learning who empower their students and apply that 2016 ISTE standards for students in their practice. Teachers:
- Section 12A: Teachers foster a culture of student agency where learners are empowered to take ownership over their learning goals and outcomes.
- Section 12B: Teachers manage the use of technology and student learning strategies in digital platforms, virtual environments, hands-on makerspaces or in the field.
- Section 12C: Teachers create learning opportunities that challenge students to use a design process and computational thinking to innovate and solve problems.
- Section 12D: Teachers model and nurture creativity and creative expression to communicate ideas, knowledge or connections.
- Section 12E: Create and embed an interactive activity into your website/webpage.
Use Module "Week 12 - Teachers = facilitators" in Canvas! Be sure to look through the assigned discussions and their scoring rubrics!
Material on this website - other than curated internet videos and resources linked to within - are copyright 2021 by Nathan M. Smith Jr. - Updated April 8, 2021